Custom Cooling System Design & Consultation Services
Technology Applications, Inc. was formed in 1994 by former engineers that specialized in the development of cryogenic and thermal management systems. The two principal founding members had direct experience developing some of the original space-based cryogenic systems including the Apollo cryogenic oxygen and hydrogen fuel cell tanks.
Though we now focus primarily on thermal straps and related products, our engineering team is always eager to be involved in challenging and cutting edge developments with thermal management applications. Some past projects where TAI has developed custom cooling and thermal control systems include:
- A refrigerated headband that has been successfully used to show enhanced performance in elite athletes
- An in-home oxygen liquefaction system capable of producing several liters of LOX per day to support the use of portable liquid units for COPD patients
- A liquid nitrogen cryostat used to cool an critical optical element in an operating laser system that greatly improves target tracking capability aboard a military platform
- Thermal acoustic barriers for thermal and noise mitigation in an advanced dual-use military vehicle
- Phase change material (PCM) heat exchangers to provide load leveling in a large antenna system used for active denial in military installations
- Remote and distributed cryogenic cooling system to mitigate vibration from mechanical cryocoolers decoupled from a gimbaled optical system for active infrared sensing
- Milli-Kelvin thermal control in a RF-tuning system utilizing Peltier devices for low temperature operation
To learn more about our engineering and consultation services, or if you have an inquiry about custom cooling/thermal management system, contact us at any time. Our Marketing and Sales Department is available 7 days/week, from 06:00-22:00 MST (13:00-05:00 GMT).